Organisational development and change management is applied to enhance the business performance of the organisation.
It requires the practitioner to understand that making the organisation perform better requires a new approach to operations which requires a full understanding of organisation culture, introducing and managing change processes. It is not only about short term results but must lead towards improving the capability of the organisation for the longer term.
At the end of the course the student will have the ability to:
- Describe and explain the steps involved to effectively manage organisational change in different of contexts and settings.
- Understand different types and terminologies of organisational change.
- Apply different concepts to understand organisations.
- Understand the type and significance of various drivers of organisational change.
- Understand the nature and significance of various impediments to organisational change (e.g. organizational inertia, resistance to change).
- Understanding of the OD practitioners role as a change agent.
- Explain organisational change processes from different role perspectives (e.g. change agent, change target, leader, middle-manager).
- Understand and appy different tools that are used to diagnose organisations as well as interventions used to bring about change through hands-on experience.
- editingteacher: Mike Wooi